The Waterford Historical Museum and Cultural Center issued a call for artists interested in designing a new logo in honor of the organization’s 50th anniversary in 2014. The competition is open to all artists. To enter, please submit jpeg or pdf files via e-mail by March 14, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Logo Design Competition” in the subject line.
Key elements for artist consideration are:
• The tagline “Celebrating 50 Years of Unlocking History” can be placed below the logo or in the design.
• Although not required, if the artist would like to use the name of the museum as part of the design, please use one of the following options- Waterford Historical Museum and Cultural Center, Waterford Museum or WHMCC.
• Design submissions must include two versions of the same design: one with a gold-colored 50th Anniversary symbol or wording and the second without the 50th Anniversary symbol or wording so that the design can be used in the future. The second version must also change tagline to “Unlocking History” or “Unlocking History at the Waterford Museum”.
• The logo will be used on all of the Museum’s promotional materials, newsletters and websites.
• The logo will appear in print in both color and black and white. Artists should take this into consideration with their designs.
The winning design will be selected by the Museum’s Board of Trustees and staff on March 26, 2014, and the winner will be notified the following day. The winner will receive $100, a free one-year Museum membership and two free tickets to the Museum’s 50th Anniversary gala to be held in October 2014.
The official unveiling of the new logo will take place at an exhibit opening at the Museum on May 2, 2014. For further information, contact the Waterford Historical Museum and Cultural Center at (518) 238-0809 or email@example.com.