Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Moving On…

Moving On…
After 13 years as Director of the Waterford Museum, I am moving on to a new position. It is bittersweet to let you all know that in March I will be joining the staff of the NYS Museum as a Senior Historian. Waterford will always hold a dear place in my heart and it has been a rewarding experience to take part in the growth the Museum.
There are many people who have helped along the way and who have played an integral part in both my success and the successes of the Museum. In fact, I do not have enough space here to list everyone who has helped make our successes over the past 13+ years possible. But, I would be remiss if I did not mention my two colleagues who have both played such an important part in my time here, Paul Schneider and Aine Leader-Nagy, without whom much of our behind the scenes successes would not have been possible. Thank you Paul and Aine! It would also be a mistake not to thank the many Board members and volunteers who have served the Museum over the years. Thank you all for your support!
As we look to celebrate 50 years, I think it is important to remember it is the hard work of our volunteers and support of our community that have always been the most important ingredients to the Museum’s success… past, present and future. Please encourage your friends to join and support the Museum. Encourage the businesses you frequent to continue to support the Museum. If possible, give a little extra next time you renew your membership, volunteer one more time and encourage your elected officials to continue to support the museum.
One of the great things about this community is it’s rich history. It seems that even after 13 years of researching the Waterford, there is always more to learn. I encourage you all to love and respect Waterford’s great past and see it as a link to the community’s future, especially in regard to heritage tourism. After all, how can you know where you are going, if you don’t know where you have been?
I am looking forward to sending Emily my check to become a member.

Thank you for your support! Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment